from Easy Japanese Pickling
- 3 Tablespoons raisins
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil (3 in original recipe)
- 4 Tablespoons orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 carrots, peeled
- 1 – 2 Tablespoons mint, chopped finely
- sprigs of mint for garnish
- Rinse raisins in warm water, drain, and pat dry.
- Combine liquids and salt in a small bowl.
- Cut carrots in half. Make ribbons with a peeler or a mandoline. Put the carrots into a strainer. Immerse in boiling water for several seconds. Add to the dressing with raisins and mint.
- Let cool. Serve garnished with sprigs of mint.
|⇐ Previous Post||Next Post ⇒|
|Clear Soup with Egg Flowers||A Short Hiatus|